Scarring is a common problem for those who suffer from acne. One out of five people is likely to develop scars after the growth of a pimple. Acne scars form due to skin inflammation, where a pore swells and breaks down. The face, back, and chest are the most prone to developing acne scars.
Luckily, acne scars are not permanent and can be treated. There are available acne treatments in Toronto, such as microneedling. You may be wondering: What are the benefits of microneedling for acne scars?
- Microneedling is faster and more effective than using topical treatments. This procedure guarantees results in just a few sessions, unlike ointments and gels, that may not show effects.
- Microneedling for acne scars is minimally invasive. The procedure uses your bodily fluids—platelet-rich plasma, to be exact—to promote healing. Your skin’s outer layer is pierced with a microneedle, which helps the serum reach your body’s most essential areas.
- A natural wound-healing response is stimulated through the microneedling procedure. The skin punctures signal your body to increase blood flow and stimulate collagen growth in the area. In effect, your skin becomes firmer and smoother.
- Microneedling for acne scars is suitable for people of any age, gender, and skin type.
- A numbing cream is applied before the procedure to minimize pain and discomfort. However, after the session, you might feel a slight tenderness in your skin — this is completely normal.
How can you find the best and most cost-effective acne treatments in Toronto? First, make sure to look for acne treatment specialists who have been in the industry for several years. You can also search for a reliable clinic that offers high-quality treats, uses advanced equipment, and ensures each patient’s safety.